Understanding the risks we face as real estate agents can mean the difference between life and death.
That is why, on this official first day of fall—nearing the end of REALTOR® Safety Month—we’re excited to announce our Safety Lunch and Learn Cookout!
On Tuesday, September 26th from 11:30am until 1:30pm–along with our local sponsors Home Warranty, BB&T Home Mortgage, Southern Coast Insurance Group–Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Elliott Coastal Living will host a cookout lunch where North Myrtle Beach Public Safety Officer LCPL William McLeod will be teaching critical REALTOR® safety tips including:
- Safety when working with potential clients.
- Getting the home ready to show
- Safety when showing the property
- How to handle dangerous situations
It’s no surprise that selling real estate involves risk. However, through education, real estate agents can feel more in control of their safety. The principles of REALTOR® safety include knowledge, awareness and empowerment.
- Knowledge – Know the dangers we face every day
- Awareness – Be aware of our surroundings
- Empowerment – Empower ourselves with precautions and preparations so that we can avoid risky situations
You won’t want to miss this informative Lunch & Learn—and who can pass up a cookout! Until then, here are five tidbits to take with you now:
- Make sure someone in the office knows where you are and stay in contact.
- Create a distress code that your team can respond to, if needed. For instance, you can get on the phone and call (or text) a co-worker using this code, “Hi Deb, this is Amber. Can you please e-mail me the RED FILE?” (source: REALTOR® Safety Guide)
- When you enter a home, check out where all of the exits are and where they lead.
- Before you get out of your car, look around for suspicious persons. Don’t get out of your car if you feel you could be in danger.
- Listen to your intuition. If something doesn’t feel right to you, get out of the situation or avoid it completely.
We are really looking forward to this Safety Lunch & Learn Cookout…we hope to see you there!
Stop by and see us September 26th from 11:30-1:30 at 701 Sea Mountain Hwy, North Myrtle Beach SC 29582 – To RSVP, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our sponsors: