Real Estate Tips
5 Simple Steps to Spring Cleaning & Sell Your Home Fast
With spring selling season in full throttle, don’t waste another minute…start now to clean your home to perfection.
- Remove Clutter and Depersonalize. Seems obvious, but you’d be surprised! Buyers want to picture their belongings in your home. Tidy up by utilizing one storage area or renting a storage unit for knickknacks, photos, extra furniture and other personal items.
- Let the Sun Shine in. Maximize the light in your home. After location, good light is the one thing that every buyer cites that they want in a home. Do away with the drapes, shine the windows, change the lampshades, bump up the wattage of your light bulbs and trim the hedges outside to let in sunshine. Make your house inviting, bright and cheery. It will make it more sellable.
- Use Essential Oils. Burning essential oils right before a showing or holiday party is an eco-friendly way to create an inviting space in your home. Utilize relaxing scents such as lavender or uplifting scents such as citrus. Sneaky tip: Add a few drops of essential oil to a cotton ball, and hide them on shelves or by the sink. Even add a few drops to your lamps’ light bulbs; when you turn them on for the showing, the heat will release the scent into the room.
- Spruce up the Kitchen. The kitchen is one of the rooms buyers are most drawn to. Remove your accessories like your George Foreman grill, panini maker, and blender from the counters. Make it as clear as possible. Clean inside all the cupboards and inside the fridge. While you’re at it, remove the magnets, photos and reminders. Less stuff, the better! Now invest in some fresh flowers and a beautiful bowl with some fresh fruit in it and voila, home!
- Touch up the Paint. Make sure the front door is well-painted. It’ll make a great first impression. In the foyer, touch up areas where the paint shows marks or nicks, and clean every surface. Touch up bathrooms and kitchens as needed. If you want to make your kitchen look bigger, paint it white or off-white.
Need more tips? Call your savvy North Myrtle Beach real estate agent now to discuss other staging tips or to get a FREE Comparative Market Analysis on your home!