It’s that time of year again when the Grand Strand (60 miles of beautiful beaches with several little towns and cities along the coast– Pawleys Island, Litchfield, Murrells Inlet, Garden City, Surfside, Myrtle Beach, and North Myrtle Beach)transforms into a Christmas Wonderland without the snow. Instead, we give you mild weather, beautiful beaches, festive shopping centers and small towns decked out in their holiday finery.
The Grand Strand is a delightful place to enjoy all of the festivities during the Christmas Season. There are Christmas Tree Lightings, Christmas Light Shows, Christmas Parades, Christmas Shows, and countless other holiday events. Below are a few that you might enjoy:
- Downtown Conway Christmas Parade, Dec. 8, 2018, at 10:00 am
- Surfside Beach Christmas Parade, Dec. 8, 2018, at 2:00 pm
Myrtle Beach Christmas Shows:
- The Christmas Show of the South, The Carolina Opry, www.thecarolinaopry.com/myrtle-beach-shows/christmas-special/.
- The South’s Grandest Christmas Show, The Alabama Theatre,https://www.alabama-theatre.com/souths-grandest-christmas-show/.
- Christmas at Pirates Voyage dinner & Show, Pirates Voyage,www. piratesvoyage.com/christmas-show
- Hot Jersey Nights Christmas Special, The Asher Theatre, ashertheatre.com/event/hot-jersey-nights
- A Rat Pack Christmas, Legends in Concert, www.reservemyrtlebeach.com/ds/legends-concert-myrtle-beach#!#return
- Christmas in Dixie—“Redneck Style”, www.gtstheatre.com/crazy_country_christmas/, GTS Theatre
Ripley’s Aquarium Festival of Trees, www.myrtlebeach.com/myrtle-beach-events/ripleys-festival-of-trees, Ripley’s Aquarium Festival of Trees features more than 100 beautifully decorated and themed Christmas trees. There’s one tree for each of the fifty states, from a Mardi Gras tree with masks and beads to a Las Vegas-style tree with a feather headdress. The South Carolina tree is over 18 feet tall and features sea shells, magnolias, golf balls plus Clemson and USC representation! Don’t miss the free scavenger hunt that tests your knowledge about each state’s tree.
15th Annual Christmas Towne, www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/event/15th-annual-christmas-towne/15478/. An evening of free fun, food, entertainment and activities which include face painting, baloon art, amusement rides and inflatables, photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus, live music, delicious treats and more. This is also a drop-off location for Toys for Tots.
Blue Christmas with Elvis, www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/event/blue-christmas-with-elvis/15571/, Enjoy Lunch with Elvis at Hard Rock Cafe, followed by a Live Show at Legends in Concert! Tuesday, December 11, 2018. Have lunch in Hard Rock’s private dining room at 11:00am where you can get up close and personal with the “King” himself and take photos; then, it’s off to the live show at Legends in Concert at 2:00pm.
Complimentary Santa Photo Opportunity for your Children and Pets, The Market Common, 4002 Deville Street, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Take your children’s or pets’ photos with Santa in his sleigh beside The Market Common Christmas tree in front of the Grand 14 Cinema. He will be there 6 to 8 PM each week on Tuesday and Thursday from December 4th to December 20th (for free). Hundreds of children line up each year at The Market Common tree lighting to be photographed with this Saint Nick. If you miss that, this is an additional opportunity. Now you can bring your pets too.
As you can see above, there are lots of Christmas events happening along the Grand Strand during the Myrtle Beach Christmas 2018 Season for you to enjoy. There are also some major Christmas Light Shows that we will be telling you about in our next blog, so stay tuned to learn about the Christmas Light Extravaganza’s that will delight and amaze you.